I love the summer. I love the sunshine, the heat, the shorts, the flip-flops, the seafood, going to the beach; everything about it. I always shed a tear knowing I have to say goodbye to my favorite season once again. Growing up in Mobile, Alabama, all of the aspects of summer quickly became familiar to me, because you can practically chalk up half of the year as summer down here. The southern heat is no joke, and most people look at me like I’m crazy when I say I prefer the season over winter. I mean really, the only good thing to me about fall and winter is Alabama Football, Roll Tide!
I also love the summer because being in the popsicle business, it’s no surprise that hot weather and popsicles go hand-in-hand. We like to call it pop weather and despite COVID-19 making things a little more interesting this year, we still thrive during these months and are proud of our 200+ flavor catalog.
If you are unfamiliar with Frios Gourmet Pops, you may be wondering what we do during the colder months of the year. Well, we actually never stop. Although we do have some killer flavors in the summer like strawberry mojito, the fall and winter months give us a chance to really dive into the flavor opportunities that they have available. You can probably name a few standard winter flavors right now, but I promise you we have some flavors in our arsenal that will surprise you. The fact that we produce gourmet pops allows us to be really creative and come up with some truly unique flavors.
Here are seven fall and winter flavors to watch for this year from Frios:
- Candy Bar
- Remember going Trick-or-Treating as a kid? Heck, maybe you still do as an adult. That’s cool, too. Imagine the contents of your candy bag or bucket, mixed with chocolate ice cream, and combined into a popsicle. This incredibly guilty pleasure takes your favorite candy bars and blends them throughout our already delicious chocolate base. Is it October yet?
- Cranberry Orange
- If you’re looking for the choice, fruity pop out of our winter rotation, you will be beyond pleased with cranberry orange. The two flavors scream fall on their own so mixing them together just seemed like the right thing to do. The sweet but tart combination of fresh, blended cranberries and orange juice together will send you tastebuds on a seasonal journey like no other.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Our pumpkin cheesecake pop may be the most popular out of the bunch. We have a fine-tuned recipe of pumpkin, cream cheese, and seasonal spices all frozen around a satisfying graham cracker crust center. There’s just something about a creamy pumpkin cheesecake and the crumbly graham cracker crust that makes this pop a must-have during the fall months.
- Black Forest Cake
- First off, if you’ve never tried a black forest cake, you should change that. Secondly, you will definitely want to check out our black forest cake pop during the holidays. This festive popsicle comes fully loaded with a chocolate cake ice cream base, fresh cherries, and sweet whipped cream. It is actually one of the reasons why people say “it’s the most wonderful time of the year.”
- Peppermint White Chocolate
- Everyone knows that peppermint and chocolate together is a no-brainer. However, our peppermint white chocolate pop is something you just have to experience for yourself. A tastefully sweet pop containing white chocolate chips, cream, and peppermint flavoring. There’s just something about this creamy popsicle that keeps me coming back for more.
- Cookies & Milk
- My favorite pop on the list, hands down. This pop is so simple, but boy is it so good. It starts with a classic vanilla base and then we fill that with a couple of deliciously crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Having the creamy and crunchy textures together will remind you of dunking your favorite chocolate chip cookie into a tall glass of milk, all in one bite. Don’t tell Santa about this one!
- And then there was gingerbread. Now, I know it won’t sound like much at first, but you do not want to miss trying this pop this holiday season. We make cookie butter ice cream, mix that with some seasonal spices and vanilla, and then throw in gingersnap cookies right in the middle. All before getting nice and frozen together. This thing is seriously good and a must-try for any gingerbread fanatic.
So, I hope I have gotten you as excited and hungry as I have just made myself typing this! The fall and winter months may not be the busiest time of year, but that doesn’t mean we shy away from trying out some really cool things. These flavors make only a handful of flavors that we offer throughout the entire Fall and Winter months so I hope you can take the time this year to find a Frios nearest you and experience everything that we have to offer. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram too to stay up-to-date on when each new flavor will be released.
Don’t see a Frios near you? Let us know where we should pop up next!